Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc.
Sea Fox Lifetime Limited Hull Warranty
2019 SEA FOX MODEL
HULL ID: US-LYG
This limited warranty applies to all boats produced by Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. beginning with model year 2019.
LIMITED LIFETIME STRUCTURAL HULL WARRANTY: Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. warrants to the original retail purchaser of this boat if purchased from an authorized Sea Fox dealer that the selling dealer or Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. will repair or replace the fiberglass hull if it is found to be structurally defective in material or workmanship for as long as the originalretail purchaser owns the boat. For purposes of this warranty, the hull is defined as the single fiberglass casting which rest on the water. This limited warranty is subject to all limitations and conditions explained below.
TEN-YEAR TRANSFERABLE LIMITED STRUCTURAL HULL WARRANTY: In addition to the lifetime limited structural hull warranty, Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. offers a one-time transferable ten-year structural hull warranty to a second owner only. The selling dealer or Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. will repair or replace the fiberglass hull if it is found to be structurally defective in material or workmanship within the first 10 years after date of delivery to the original retail purchaser. The remaining term of this one-time ten-year limited structural hull warranty may be transferred to a second owner if, within 60 days of purchase, the new owner registers the transfer with Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. and pays the established warranty transfer fee. For more details regarding warranty transfer, contact Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc.’s customer service department.
LIMITED GENERAL WARRANTY: In addition to the above hull warranties, Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. warrants to the original purchaser of this boat, if purchased from an authorized Sea Fox dealer, that Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. will repair or replace any parts found to be defective in materials or workmanship for a period of two (2) years from the date of delivery, subject to all limitations and conditions contained herein.
LIMITED EXTERIOR FINISH WARRANTY: Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. warrants that the selling dealer or Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. will repair cosmetic defects in the exterior gel coat finish including cracks or crazing reported to Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. within 90 days from the date of delivery to the original retail purchaser, subject to all limitations and conditions contained herein. All warranty work is to be performed at a Sea Fox dealership or other location authorized by Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. after it is established to Sea Fox Boat Company Inc.’s satisfaction that there is a defect in material or workmanship.
CUSTOMER OBLIGATIONS: The following conditions must be met in order for this warranty to be considered valid:
- (a) – The purchaser must sign and the dealer must submit to Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. the Owner Registration Cardwithin 10 days of the date of delivery and such information must be on file at Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc.
- (b) – The purchaser must first notify the dealer from whom the boat was purchased of any claim under this warranty within the applicable warranty period and within a reasonable period of time (not to exceed 30 days) after the defect is or should have been discovered.
- (c) – Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. will not be responsible to repair any condition or replace any part, (1) if the use of the boat is continued after the defect is or should have been discovered; and (2) if such continued use causes other or additional damage to the boat or component parts of the boat.
- (d) – Based on the dealer’s knowledge of Sea Fox Boat Company Inc.’s warranty policy and/or consultations with Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc., the dealer will accept the claim and arrange for appropriate repairs to be performed, or deny the claim if it is not within the warranty.
- (e) – The dealer will contact the Sea Fox boat owner regarding instructions for delivery of boat or part for warranty repair if it is covered by the limited warranty. TRANSPORTATION COST IS THE BOAT OWNER’S RESPONSIBILITY.
WARRANTY EXCEPTIONS: This LIMITED WARRANTYdoes not cover and the following are not warranted:
- (a) – Engines, metal plating or finishes, windshield breakage, leakage, fading and deterioration of paints, canvas, upholstery, and fabrics;
- (b) – Gel coat surfaces including, but not limited to, cracking, crazing, discoloration or blistering except as noted above;
- (c) – Accessories and items which were not part of the boat when shipped from the Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. factory, and/or any damage caused thereby;
- (d) – Damage caused by misuse, accident, galvanic corrosion, negligence, lack of proper maintenance, or improper trailering;
- (e) – Any boat used for racing, or used for rental, charter or commercial purposes;
- (f) – Any boat operated contrary to any instructions furnished by Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc., or operated in violation of any federal, state, United States Coast Guard, or other governmental agency laws, rules or regulations;
- (g) – All warranty is void if alterations have been made to the boat;
- (h) – Transportation of boat or parts to and/or from the Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. factory or service location;
- (i) – Travel time or haul outs, loss of time or inconvenience;
- (j) – Any published or implied claims of performance;
- (k) – Any boat which has been repowered beyond Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc.’s power recommendations;
- (l) – Cost or charges derived from inconveniences or loss of use, commercial or monetary loss due to time loss, and any other special, incidental, or consequential damage of any kind or nature whatsoever;
- (m) – Abandoned, distressed, neglected, repossessed and/or auction sold and/or purchased boats, to include Ebay.
NO WAIVER OF THESE ITEMS: The terms, conditions, limitations and disclaimers contained herein cannot be waived except by authorized Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. personnel. Any such waiver shall be in writing. Neither the dealer, nor the customer, nor any service, sales, and/or warranty representative of Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. is authorized to waive and/or modify these conditions or limitations. Waiver of any portion of this limited warranty shall not be construed as a waiver of any other portion or all of this limited warranty.
GENERAL PROVISIONS:ALL GENERAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, AND/OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARE EXCLUDED FROM THIS WARRANTY AND ARE TOTALLY DISCLAIMED BY SEA FOX BOAT COMPANT INC. IT IS THE INTEREST OF THE PARTIES THAT THE OWNER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE VESSEL OR ITS ALLEGEDLY DEFECTIVE COMPONENT PARTS AND THAT NO OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE REMEDIES SHALL BE AVAILABLE TO SAID OWNER. THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY; SEA FOX BOAT COMPANY, INC. MAKES NO WARRANTY, OTHER THAN CONTAINED HEREIN. ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE EXCLUDED TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. will discharge its obligations under this warranty as rapidly as possible, but can not guarantee any specific completion date due to the different nature of claims which may be made and services which may be required. Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. reserves the right to change or improve the design of its boats without obligation to modify any boat previously manufactured. Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. shall in no way be responsible for any repairs not PRE-AUTHORIZEDby Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. or repairs performed by a repair shop not PRE-AUTHORIZEDby Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc.
Please feel free to contact our warranty department with any questions by calling 843-761-6090 at extension 1115 or emailing [email protected].